Over the years, our team has developed a particular affiliation and passion for the unrelenting dedication and entrepreneurial spirit of the voluntary sector.
We work for a large variety of not-for-profit organisations including:
- Schools and Academies
- Social enterprises
- Housing Associations and RSLs
- CIOs / CICs
- Clubs and unincorporated bodies
- Alliances and consortiums
Not-for-profit organisations operate in an ever-changing political and economic matrix and rarely escape the political spotlight for long.
Charities face great challenges ahead. Public sectors cuts, an unpredictable economy, the local government crises, social divides and the technological revolution all represent a rocky road for the third sector and it is clear that charities must plan ahead and diversify if they are to survive and thrive.
The third sector is unique in terms of the way in which organisations are staffed. 91% of charities do not employ any paid staff; they are entirely run by volunteers. The remaining 9% employ over 800,000 staff between them. Of those 9%, only 1% employ any members of staff paid in excess of £60,000 per annum.
Fortunately, the UK is one of the most generous countries in Europe. During 2014/15, 14.2 million people in the UK reported having volunteered at least once a month for a not-for-profit organisation: this equates to 27% of the population.
Our specialist team offers a range of business and compliance services to the third sector, from HR and employment to property, commercial and business support with understanding, empathy and professionalism.
 Report of the Inquiry into Charity Senior Executive Pay (2014)
 Volunteering Rates and Overview UK Civil Society Almanac published by NCVO (2016)